OUR HISTORY

ORIGINAL BACKYARD® SINCE 2003

timeline_pre_loader
2017

Opening on March 6th, 2017

The next milestone in Backyard’s history was the opening of our second location on
Mayerhofgasse in early 2017.
2014

Opening of Backyard 1070

We further improved our club in 2014 by
moving to our current location on Burggasse in Vienna’s 7th district. What used to be no more than a seemingly unattainable dream in 2003 became a reality with the opening of Backyard 1070: Our own boxing club that
exactly meets our requirements.

2011

More and more members

Here we were finally able to expand our
training courses and offer a broader range to our members.

Our first location in 1040

In 2011 Backyard moved to much bigger and more comfortable location on Wiedner Gürtel.

2003

Logo

Doberman Xenia was the model
for our club’s logo.

Foundation of Backyard and opening of the first club in 1120

Backyard Boxing was founded in 2003 with a lot of commitment but very little money. Therefore we had to curb some of our visions and dreams for our own boxing club.

As a result, our first location on Pottendorferstrasse in Vienna’s 12th district was rather sparse. However, some of our (still active) trainers learned to love boxing there.